1. The primary
contact for scheduling data collection time on the machines is Diana
Tomchick (ND10.214B, 5-6383, Diana.Tomchick@utsouthwestern.edu).
If you do not receive a response within one day (she may be out of town),
then please contact Chad Brautigam (ND10.214A, 5-6384) to set up time.
2. All problems with the machines, computers or cryostreams should be
immediately reported to Raghu (ND10.223C, 5-5937) and
the above contacts.
3. Initially, time will be allocated according to demands of the project,
subject to availability. Time used for screening of crystals is typically
scheduled during weekdays, and data collection is usually scheduled
for weekends and evenings. Users may be asked to share crystal-screening
time with others in order to use the available time efficiently.
4. Please indicate your preference (if any) for machine and the amount
of time you require. The demand for beamtime varies from week to week,
and is especially high prior to synchrotron trips.
5. Please consult the web
before requesting time. If the machine is not in use, check the web
calendar to see if someone is scheduled to use this time.
a. If someone is assigned for this time, you should not use the machine
without the approval of the scheduled user. If you ignore
the sign-up calendar
and place a crystal on the machine without prior approval, your crystal
may be discarded without warning.
b. If the time is not assigned, you may use the machine, but you must
let the primary contact know. Otherwise someone else may be assigned
to use the time. For administrative purposes, we also need to know who
uses the machines and how much time they use during the year.
7. Generally, the three weekdays prior to a synchrotron trip (i.e. prior
to shipping of the crystals) will be reserved for last-minute screening
by general users on at least one of the detectors.
8. Please transfer your data from the data collection computer to your
lab workstation as soon as possible, and then erase the data from the
data collection computer.
9. All data older than 1 week may be erased without warning!
10. We reserve the right to revoke anyone’s privilege
to use the shared X-ray equipment if these rules are willfully violated!